Ngchus Beach

Ngchus Beach, Palau Sign
The second place that I stayed was Ngchus beach. I thought that Ulong was stunning but then I saw Ngchus and it was even more beautiful. Unlike Ulong, Ngchus is not on the main lagoon but it hidden behind a rock island. The water off Ngchus is deep turquoise.

It is popular with tour groups for lunch/snorkeling stops. There was a big group of Korean tourists having a barbeque the first day that I was there and a lively group of Taiwanese the second day. After the groups leave you are left in splendid isolation. No rats at Ngchus, a small but chubby feral cat lives there. There are pretty big spiders that live in webs in the shelter corners. I did not see any walking around, they just hang there and wait. At night one can hear a lot of "fish violence" in the water. There is good snorkeling, I saw a few little reef sharks plus some magnificent blue fish. There is a sunken Japanese zero a little down the channel. At night, I swore, I could hear music. Quite possibly it carried across the lagoon from somewhere.

Ngchus Beach, Palau

Ngchus Beach, Palau

Ngchus Beach, Palau with Shelter